Chocolate and cream cheese = yummy! You really don’t need to experiment with this recipe, Hershey’s has it just right. It’s moist, rich, and easy to whip up in less than 30 minutes, plus baking time. Make the filling first!
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened/at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chips OR 1/2 cup of regular chips
Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt in small bowl until smooth and creamy. (Use hand mixer.) Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY’S unsweetened Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Spoon 1 level tablespoon FILLING into center of each cupcake. (I used a small cookie dropper for this. It was a lot less messy.)
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. About 2-1/2 dozen cupcakes.