I won’t eat Chex cereal by itself, but when it’s coated in something like chocolate and peanut butter, it makes it a million times better!
I’m always on the look out for new recipes that aren’t your standard Chex mix or muddy buddies, so when I found Jenny’s Smacky Delicious Mix, I figured it didn’t hurt to give it a try. The only thing I changed about this recipe was the drying method. I don’t have a large enough microwave safe bowl to hold a full box of cereal, so I had to use the oven to dry it out.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Prepare large baking tray with slip mat and set aside.
- Combine cereal and peanuts in a large bowl.
- In medium to large sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, while stiring frequently.
- Remove from heat, add baking soda.
- Pour mixture over cereal and peanuts and gently stir. Pour onto baking sheet with slip mat.
- Bake for 1 hour and stir every 15 minutes. Set aside to rest/cool. Enjoy!